Peaches - Thread

• Peaches swings this way to the beat of a DJ with a quick stint of her euroslick DJ shows… in a sweatsoaked electro-rock tussle amid sheets of Peaches madness she lets loose a howl of a groove. Reknowned for her remix and production prowess… for the first time Australia bears witness to a tour of DJ mayhem in a sizzling mixture of electro, hip-hop and rock as presented by Peaches. I feel sweat!

Consume presents PEACHES DJ SETS…

SAT 12 SEPT - FRANKLY at the BRISBANE POWERHOUSE, Brisbane Also includes Jamie Stewart (Xiu Xiu), I Heart Hiroshima, Nika Saya (Japan), Tennis Coats (Japan), The Pancakes (HK) and more… Tickets from http://www.brisbanepowerhouse.org ph 07 33588600

WED 16 SEPT - THE CAPITOL, Perth Presented by Knowledge Music. Plus guests… Tickets from Moshtix, 78 Records, Planet Video and Bocs Ticketing.

FRI 18 SEPT - OH MY! at HOME, Sydney Also includes Obey, Nadisko, Sounditout (dj set), Ghettoruckus, Josh Flannigan, and Nightrider Tickets $25+bf available read more […]

• Nine things you didn’t know about Peaches…

Toronto’s finest, flippant, filth-chatting, electro minx, Peaches, returns with her fifth record, the bombastic disco-glam of ‘I Feel Cream’. Peaches plays live at Get Loaded in the Park in association with Time Out, Sunday August 30 in Clapham Common. See http://www.getloadedinthepark.com

She’s pretty sporty. (And probably lying.)
    ‘I’m a professional water-skier actually, barefoot especially. I’ve won trick ski awards. I do the helicopter really well.’

She recently popped into a lesbian karaoke bar in Portland
    ‘I sang “Endless Love”. I like to look into the eyes of the other person singing and mean it.’

Wardrobe malfunctions do not faze her.
    ‘All wardrobe malfunctions are acceptable even when I jizz my pants. And that’s really difficult because I have a naked suit on, you know, no underwear, just naked, so there you go.’

Ageing appears to be an elitist club
    ‘I feel sorry for anyone under 40 and because you’re not 40 you don’t know what it’s like. I can’t tell you why it’s a closed club. I’ve learnt from my Freemason parents how to keep quiet.’

Peaches never got to meet the most influential person in her life. She’s dead
    ‘Gilda Radner, she’s an American [‘Saturday Night Live’] comedian from the ’70s and she’s fantastic.’

She must have driven her mother mad
    ‘I constantly got lost as a child and it was something I really enjoyed doing. I’d get lost and they would have to call my name on the PA in supermarkets and my mom would have to come get me and I wouldn’t want to leave. Not that I didn’t love my mom, but I just love getting lost.’

In fact, she loved getting lost so much that she thought she’d make it part of her life goals
    ‘What I wanted to be when i grew up was a runaway to the point where I would ask my mom what I should pack if I left home.’

One item in her home is something of a talking point
    ‘The most interesting thing in my house is the [British artist] Sarah Lucas tongue chair. There’s only one ever made and it just licks your pussy as it goes around. It’s a piece of art, a masturbation tool, not functional furniture.’

Self-pleasing furniture apart, dinner round hers is quite a treat
    ‘Hot Pussy is my specialty. Don’t tell the animal rights people.’

Interview: Kim Taylor Bennett

http://www.peachesrocks.com

• Die nächsten Deutschlandtourdates:

Schondorf, Manufraktur -06.10.
    München, Muffathalle - 07.10.

Leider wohne ich nicht in der nähe von München, sonst wäre ich auf's Konzert in München gegangen. :heul:
    Ich will Peaches mal live erleben, aber ich durfte bisjetzt nie! :sad:

• Zitat

Die Frage war eigentlich an Peaches gerichtet, aber du kannst auch mitkommen, wenn du willst! :ja:

so hatte ich sie auch verstanden und eigentlich nur zustimmend genickt, aber wenn ich schon so nett "eingeladen" werde, komme ich natürlich mit :ja:

• dirrty:

Das ist ja das tolle an Peaches. Ihre Outfits und ihr Style sind viel cooler als der von Lady GaGa.

Ich würde gerne mit dir & AKKA auf ein Peaches Konzert gehen.
    Ihr letztes war in München und sie kommt erst im Dezember wieder nach Deutschland (Berlin). Freu mich schon drauf! :klatsch:

• Viele von euch haben sicherlich bemerkt, dass Peaches jetzt nicht mehr so dreckig ist. Hier ist eine tolle Beschreibung der neuen Peaches:

Ich finde Peaches trotzdem toll, auch wenn sie jetzt nicht mehr so Provokant ist. Sie ist eine großartige Künstlerin, die eigentlich mehr verdient hat.
    Sie ist zwar berühmter als Bushido, Sarah Connor & Yvonne Catterfeld, doch leider kennen sie viele gar nicht, obwohl sie Weltweit eine große Fancommunity hat.